Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just a little update on us!

Well, life for the Lindsay's has been pretty incredibly busy for the past 2 or 3 months as you can tell from the lack of postings we have put on our blog.

To say the least, we are learning to slow down in life. We need to take time for Jesus and ourselves a lot more often! :) You live and learn, as they say.

Blaire played softball this fall at Bellevue and had a blast until the last game of the season when a teammate threw a ball to her trying to make a play at 3rd base. Well, needless to say, I tried to listen to the advice my dad always gave me..."Keep your eye on the ball!" Lets just say, I took this tidbit of advice a little too literally. Well, here is a picture to show you what happened as a result...
So...here is the story. Our semi-pro shortstop stopped a very hard hit line drive while there were runners on first and second. Therefore, the play was at third, where I happened to be playing. Well, my reaction time was a little too slow to say the least. I ran to third and turned around to catch the ball, only to find that the ball had already been thrown. Therefore, instead of going into my glove, which really was the object, I KEPT MY EYE ON THE BALL! Literally! The ball just went plop right onto my cheek bone. This happened about 3 weeks ago now, so my eye is still a little tender and dark, but it looks MUCH better than it did in the above picture. No more bruising (purple color). Just thought I would share with all that we love.

Hope your lives are blessed as ever. We love you all. Let us hear from you soon. If not, we wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season. Give thanks to Jesus for all of the wonderful blessings He has given us in this life. Focus on the blessings not the other current circumstances in this crazy nation. Wow, isn't it crazy? Well, God's children, it is long past time we speak up and boast on Jesus!!! Let go of greed and praise God for all! We love you all!

Tim and Blaire

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to take one for the team, Blaire!

Josh and Alisha Williams said...

I was there! and saw it all! Blaire was such a trooper!